Intersection of Color
The Bead Society of Northern California proudly presents Bead Challenge 2017: Intersection of Color. The challenge is offered in conjunction with the Alameda County Fair and all entries will be on display at the Alameda County Fair, mid June through the first week of July, 2017.
In hopes of attracting more members to participate in the challenge, we have reduced the percentage of beads you are required to use from the kit to 50%. We are providing you with the background palette so you can add the vibrant colors of your life and imagination. We are eagerly anticipating the wide variety of colors and beads used making each piece truly unique. Please join us in this adventure!
PLEASE NOTE: We have a very limited supply of Challenge Kits, so get yours early.
Rules and Requirements: _________________________________________________
- Entries must be work completed with the bead kits provided. Submitted work can either be wearable or non-wearable and reflect the theme of Intersection of Color. Interpretation of the theme is up to the beader.
- At least 50% of the beads in the kit must be used. We encourage you to return unused beads with your finished piece.
- Any other beads or materials can be added, but the overall piece should consist of at least 50% beads and be ready to display.
- All pieces must be an original design, not a pattern, design learned in a class, or seen on the internet.
- Pieces will be judged by all BSNC members present at the monthly meeting held on May 16, 2017.
- Multiple entries are accepted, but only one prize per entrant.
- All pieces must be available for display from mid June through the first week of July, 2017.
- Please contact Mayra Nieves-Bekele for questions or clarification at email@example.com.
First Prize: $100 Second Prize: $75 Third Prize: $50
Pieces will be judged by BSNC members present at the monthly meeting held on May 16, 2017.
Kits: The kit will be available for $10 at all monthly meetings, until they are sold out. Kits can also be ordered by emailing Mayra Nieves-Bekele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please arrangements with Mayra to pick up your kit when you email her.
Acknowledgements: The BSNC would like to thank Baubles and Beads in El Cerrito for offering a very generous discount to purchase the beads and keeping the cost of the bead kit to a minimum.
- November 15, 2016: Kits ready for sale
- Friday, May 12, 2017: Finished pieces due to Mayra Nieves-Bekele.
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017: Judging at BSNC regular meeting.
- Mid-June through the first week of July: Pieces displayed at the Alameda County Fair.
- July 18, 2017: Pieces available for pick-up at BSNC meeting, or make arrangements with Mayra.
- For more information about the bead challenge, contact Mayra Nieves-Bekele at email@example.com.